Friday, October 20, 2006

Priorities

I just sneaked a peek at Coltie and Calvie. Calvin crawled into bed on the top bunk with Colton, and they are both fast asleep. It is so cute! I would take a picture except that I think it would wake them up.

Tonight was the first night that I left Carrera for more than an hour. Shane and I went out to a movie (Marie Antoinette), and then for coffee. We were gone for FOUR hours!! Our babysitter gave Carrera a bottle (formula), and of course she had a little tummy ache tonight. This is why I am still up. I was supposed to work tonight, but I called in. I really don't feel comfortable leaving Carrera for eight hours (esp. with a tummy ache!). I am sure that they are cursing me right now.

I have been doing a lot of thinking about priorities. I too often think about how other people are viewing me, and not enough about my own children and husband, and what is best for us. It was the right thing to do to stay home tonight, yet I feel disappointed that I had to "let down" the people that I work with. It is slightly ironic because most of the people I work with have never really appreciated me anyway, and they probably will not even think about me after I am done. I put my two week notice in last week. It was hard to do. Financially I don't know how we will make it, but I could no longer watch my kids suffer because of me working.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home