Wednesday, December 12, 2007

What's New

So, people keep e-mailing me asking "What's new?" or "How are you doing?" I never know what to say. My life doesn't change much from day to day. I am a mom or stand-in mom all day long (24 hours a day). Which means I make sure that no one kills each other. Oh, and also I have to make sure that the kids have educational experiences. My priorities are knowing what kids should learn for school readiness and try to incorporate those things in our everyday play. I need to know a little about nutrition so that the kids are getting the right nutrition to promote optimal mental and physical development. And then there is the emotional aspect. I have the responsibility of doing whatever I can to assure that the kids feel comfortable, safe and loved. When I am not focusing on those things I am trying to be a "woman." EXAMPLE: have a little fun, shower, shave, accessorize, have some sort of sex life, and intellectual stimulation, like reading. Then there is always "Shane maintenance." He needs quality time with me, and all the other things that a wife gives to her husband. Oh, and then I squeeze in coffee with my very closest friends. Do I feel overwhelmed? Constantly! So, that is how I am doing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

HI Rachel. I like reading "what's new with you". It is a great way to stay updated. I have a blog too. I would love to stay in touch. Can I add you to my blogroll??

here is my web address

http://2moredays.wordpress.com

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home