Tuesday, July 01, 2008

It's a Flower Nest.

I really want to start blogging more again. I'm always telling Shane that I feel I don't have much to say. I try to keep up on reading new things so my brain doesn't rot from under use, but life is so busy as a mother I feel I have nothing interesting to tell anyone other than cute stories about kids, or bitching about how sick I am of stepping on Lego's and sand, etc. FACT: there will never be an end to dishes, laundry, and house work as long as we have children.

So, current reads: besides The Berenstain Bears, and flipping through Time Magazine and Family Fun Magazine, I am currently engrossed in Eckhart Tolle's book A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose and Buddhism for Mothers: A Calm Approach to Caring for Yourself and Your Children by Sarah Napthali. Both are wonderful. Favorite magazine for intelligent mothers: Brain Child!!! I'm really sick extreme bias in my reading, and I hate ads. Brain Child has a variety of great articles without tons of ads. I also read Mothering (Natural Family Living) magazine, but I get really sick of the extremism!!

My kids love to color. (There I am. Back to talking about kids). I love to color too! My best friend, Virginia, introduced me to Mandalas. I'd like to get a book of them to color, but we are trying to be tighter with our budget so I've printed some off online. Sometimes I feel like I dabble in a little of everything, but lack commitment. Part of that is a lack of time on my part. I would do my yoga if I could find an hour without screaming, demanding kids. And I would run if I could get the time too. I guess I do make time for my morning coffee and journal/read. I laugh when people say "If you really wanted to do it you would find the time." I want to tell them "You go off and have three kids, a house, a husband, and a daycare, and then come back and give me a lecture on time." I do feel like I have just the right amount of time to do what I HAVE to do. That includes spending quality time with the kids, and being available for them and their needs. That is what is really important to me anyway. I would rather have a picnic with my kids than do yoga any day (or most days.... some days :). Lol. Okay, not every day, but I do what I feel is right even if sometimes I'd rather be doing something else. And I have just enough time to do that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home