Monday, October 30, 2006

Lonely

It gets a little lonely not working and spending all my time at home with the kids. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE being home with my boys and Carrera. We have lots of fun! Yesterday was a beautiful day, and we spent some time outside in the backyard playing. Then we headed out to visit Grandma Caryl (Shane's mother). When we got back it was almost 8 p.m., but felt like 9 p.m. (daylight savings). I love carrying the boys into the house when they are half asleep. It reminds me of my dad carrying me into the house when I was their age. I've been filling my extra time with trying to get my house organized. I am painting flowers on Carrera's bedroom walls and I am going to start painting the toy room tonight. Sometimes I feel like when I talk with people all we talk about is home decorating or our kids. It feels superficial. I want to talk about politics, religion, travel,... I think that is why I am lonely. By the time Shane gets home from work I just want to have him talk to me about everything that isn't kids and house stuff, but he is usually so tired too. Well, Calvin keeps asking for fruit snacks and Colton wants me to find his "Trooper Luke" (I through it into a laundry basket last night when I was picking up), and I should feed Carrera, so my duties call. Thanks for reading my blogs Shane! I know that you are probably the only one who checks them :). You're a blessing to have as a husband!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home