Thursday, October 04, 2007

What's New

Other than homeschooling...
  • We got a new puppy. Jessie is a Standard Poodle and she is one year old.
  • We went to the Renaissance Festival with Colton and Calvin and my good friend Maggie. It rained.
  • I've been thinking a lot about what motivates me to be who I am. I tend to hide parts of myself from certain people. Example: none of my family knows that I don't consider myself a Christian.
  • I am trying to slow down. I was listening to MPR and heard an interview with a food critic. He talked about the concept of "slow food" (as opposed to fast food). Which is really taking time to cook, and present food. Then taking time to enjoy it. This also refers to the food taking time to grow as well. Meaning eating organic and local. And eating "happy meat." Meat from animals that were allowed to roam and take care of their own young. At least this was my interpretation of what "slow food" means. After thinking about the concept for awhile I decided that it would be beneficial to slow down in all areas. If we took time with our children there would be less problems with our youth. If we took time while driving there would be less accidents. And slowing down our breathing lessens our stress and in turn we will live longer. Really slowing down benefits society, community, the environment and individuals' quality of life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home