Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Judgements

It is so fascinating how we can make judgements based on our culture and not think about what we are doing. I have been noticing my judgements recently and laughing over how silly they are. On the way back from coffee this morning I saw an older man in a little red sports car convertible with the top down (late 50s, perfectly groomed silver hair, sunglasses). I thought to myself "Pathetic." Really I know nothing about the man and if it had been a woman I would have thought "You go girl!" Another cultural judgement: two women making out = HOT, two men making out....(you can fill in that blank). And even I, who consider myself to be open minded, politically correct, culturally accepting have those same initial judgements. Awareness is the beginning of change. Can we change our judgements?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home