Sunday, September 20, 2009

Love.

I journaled this morning about what I think love is.

Shane and I have very different needs and sometimes when life gets busy we forget that we need to work at our love. I am a sucker for verbal affirmations and Shane needs to be physically affirmed (hugged, kissed, massaged). I like to have deep conversations and Shane likes it when I sit with him when he watches football or reads a good book. I get in trouble almost daily for babbling at Shane while he is reading the paper.

I never have been close to my mother, and loving is not a word that I would use to describe my relationship with either her or my dad. I worry that I will not accurately convey my own love to my kids.

Love is most definitely action, and the easiest way for me to describe what love is to me is: being appreciated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home