Monday, February 01, 2010

Sick.

I had sick daycare kids all last week. Many of their parents kept them home (bless them!). But despite best efforts, I caught something. I'm sure it wasn't because sick kids sneeze and cough in my face. So, on Wednesday night Shane told me to cancel daycare Thursday. I didn't. On Thursday night Shane told me to cancel for Friday. I am stubborn. I suffered through telling him "If I worked retail I'd call in sick, but 12 parents depend on me so that THEY can go to work." That is a lot of people!! Well, all weekend I felt like my ear drum was going to pop out, so when Shane walked in the door yesterday and said "You look sick. You're canceling tomorrow right." (stated as a command, not a question) I conceded. Last night we went to bed by 9 p.m. and Carrera woke me up at 10:30 p.m. because her ear hurts. Damn-it. So we put some peppermint essential oil behind it (My new trick thanks to my best friend Virginia) and after almost an hour awake she slept all night. Right now I'm getting the boys ready for school and then I hope Carrera and I will go back to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home