Saturday, November 18, 2006

Never challenge the gate!

Carrera has started to giggle. The first time she giggled was on the 11th after we got home from a wedding. She sat on the couch in her beautiful dress and just giggled and giggled. Shane has the magic touch. He can get her laughing a lot. I am a little jealous. I am still the boob.

Funny story: After I put Colton and Calvin to bed I was heading into Carrera's room to change her diaper. We keep a gate up by her door because Millie (our dog) is not allowed in her bedroom (for MANY reasons!). So I always step over the gate rather than move it. Well, I underestimated the height of the gate and my shin went straight into the gate. I knew that if I fell I would drop Carrera, so I fought the gate with all my might trying not to fly over it. Well, we tied. The gate cracked and I didn't fall, but I am going to have a nice bruise on my shin. Maybe that wasn't so funny, but it reminded me of another similar story. My sisters and I try to go on a sister weekend about once a year. Two summers ago we just went overnight to Minneapolis. My sister Sara and I drove together to Mary's to meet up with Deb and Mary. I had worked all night the night before and then took care of my kids all day. I was all ready to go when she came to pick me up, but I had to get something from downstairs. At the bottom of our stairs is a gate, also to keep Millie from going downstairs (she is not allowed in the downstairs for MANY reasons). Well, with the lack of sleep my mind told me that I could hurdle the gate... in my stilettos. If you can picture it in your mind it was quite a sight. My sister was standing at the top of the stairs. I took a running start down the stairs and tried (I am crying right now because I am laughing so hard remembering it) and tried to make it over the gate. This gate had a little more give than the gate to Carrera's room and it fell straight forward with me on top of it. So here I am laying on the floor on top of the gate in my short skirt and stiletto heels wondering what the hell just happened. Sara was wondering the same thing. We laughed VERY hard!!

Tonight Carrera and I went out for coffee while Colton and Calvin hung out at Grandma "LEGOs" (my mom). (Side note: Colton told me that we need to buy Grandma's house because he likes it). It was nice to get a little break from the kids. They didn't listen very well today. Anyway, at coffee I started to think about one's CENTER. Its been a long time since I've thought about my center, and I'm not exactly sure why. (Perhaps because I am so busy). In massage school they talked a ton about being centered/centering oneself. I'm not sure what that means exactly. What is our center and is it really all that important to know our center/find our center? Any thoughts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home