Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Tolle Wisdom

"Life wants the sapling to become a tree, but the sapling doesn't see itself as separate from life and so wants nothing for itself. It is one with what Life wants. That's why it isn't worried or stressed. And if it has to die prematurely, it dies with ease. It is as surrendered in death as it is in life." - Eckhart Tolle (A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose)

"Your entire life journey ultimately consists of the step you are taking at this moment....this step is primary, the destination secondary. And what you encounter at your destination once you get there depends on the quality of this one step." - Eckhart Tolle (A New Earth...)

I laugh at myself. I can completely fill a journal in less than six months, but can't think of things to blog about. I was sitting evaluating some things in my journal and thought I'd share a few quotes. I have one chapter left in the book A New Earth. Of course I breezed through the whole book and now I'm sitting on the last chapter. I have been reading Oriah's writings. She wrote the poem The Invitation. At first she rubbed me the wrong way, but I've come to realise that the reasons I don't like her are the ways that she is similar to me. Of course we are always more critical of people that mirror our own imperfections. And boy do I have a long list of those. Santa will NOT be bringing me presents this year! If there were a theme for what I am reading right now, and trying to practice in my life it would be Living in Now and Living in Truth.

Ok, nap time is over....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home