Monday, April 27, 2009

Big girl bed.

It's ten o'clock. Carrera napped for less than an hour today. She is still up.

On Saturday Shane's mom popped in for a surprise visit. She whisked me and the kids out to buy Carrera a mattress for her bed, and all new bedding to go on it. It is so wonderful to have Carrera finally in her big girl bed, with a hot pink comforter and fun striped sheets. My mother-in-law is GREAT!

My plan tonight was to get the kids in bed, do the dishes, quickly clear off the island, and then pick up and put away all the piles of stuff on my bistro table downstairs. The whole reason I wanted a bistro table in the first place was to be able to brew and drink coffee at home. I wanted my own space to escape to in the early morning or at night, that was unaffected by the kids. Somewhere that I didn't have to leave the house to get to. Well it has become a catch all. I guess it is kinda sorta my office space. I spent some time early this year moving all of my 'office' into a large closet in our family room. My bistro table just happens to be right next to the closet. If only I could keep up with all my paperwork, etc.

Tonight Carrera wouldn't sleep. I laid down with her twice, and she is not going to go to sleep anytime soon. So much for getting anything done, other than the dishes, which I am gong to do right NOW.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home