Thursday, April 23, 2009

Bed time.

Every night I sit down next to my daughter's bed and we cuddle. I caress her cheeks and arms, play with her hair, until she falls asleep. I love this time with her. It is the highlight of my day. Often she also caresses MY cheeks and says 'I love you too' while giving me Eskimo kisses. Two nights ago she wanted me to sing to her. So I started with singing the ABC's... at least fifteen times, then some other of my favorite songs.

She is growing so incredibly fast. She drives me absolutely crazy. She screams 'I hate you' and 'You hate me' at me numerous times daily. She usually refuses to have her diaper changed or clothes changed so I have to pin her down to do it. If she doesn't nap she freaks out about everything. If she does nap, she will not sleep for me at night. She refuses to do anything I ask. If I say 'come here' she refuses. If I say 'Fine, stay there' she refuses. Her answer is always 'no'. I stand my ground, keep my emotions out of it as much as possible, and allow her to BE. What else can I really do, she is a typical 2 1/2 year old. She knows that she NEEDS me, but hates it. She knows that she LOVES me, but refuses to show it.... until bed time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home