Monday, April 20, 2009

Updates.

I had two interviews with parents that were looking for daycare. Both had two preschoolers. Both didn't call me back, and I am SO happy because I hadn't really decided if I really wanted to have any more kids here. I like it the way it is now. It is comfortable.

Both of the parents were concerned that I didn't have a curriculum, which is why I started considering purchasing one. Well, I sent home a survey with my current daycare parents to get feedback. I really have no clue if they want me to use a curriculum, or if they are worried about their kids being 'school ready'. So far the feedback has been that they are 'indifferent'. So I kinda had an 'aha' moment. I never have intentionally worried about my own kids when it comes to education. I have the philosophy that they will learn it when they are ready. And it has always been true. So why am I worrying now? Especially about other people's kids! Did someone else's fear rub off on me?

I still have no clue what I will be doing in the fall. I still have a few surveys to get back. Perhaps I can get some fun crafts put together this summer, and just keep on with what I am doing now. No one seems to think that I am doing a bad job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home