Thursday, April 09, 2009

Making holidays special.

I had a daycare mom remind me of one of my flaws today. How did she do that? She brought treats. Duh Rachel, tomorrow is Good Friday. This is the obvious day for schools and daycares to celebrate Easter. So I royally stink at making holidays special. I could easily blame my mother. She had the same difficulty. I turned out ok, right? So the kids in my care won't be scarred eternally. But I wish that I was good at it. I always have good intentions. I actually have a Spring craft bookmarked in Family Fun magazine for us to do. I just never got around to getting the supplies I need for it. And as far as treats go, I have none for the kids. I guess that means that I need to go to Target tonight for treats. Recently I really don't want to leave the house for anything. I haven't been enjoying getting groceries, or Target runs (Doesn't that make it sound like a disease? "I have the Target runs." Ha!). The other problem with crafts is that I have six kids here age 3 and under, and their skills are minimal. There is very little that they can do as far as crafts are concerned. This means that I end up making their crafts for them. That doesn't benefit them, only their parents. We did make St. Patrick's Day crowns that the kids wore all day and loved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home