Thursday, April 02, 2009

Toy Room.

I never stop. Always working to organize, make my life easier. It does make it easier when Shane asks, "Hey what happened to those Iron Man posters I got a year or so ago?" and I pull them out of the file cabinet. Which reminds me, Shane did have a filing cabinet when we met, but there was a three foot pile of papers sitting on top of it. Back to my point. I stayed up late last night reorganizing the toy room, putting up new posters, filing some preschool and kindergarten stuff that I had printed off, stuff like that. My goal was to get it looking pristine and then taking pictures (perhaps to post on here), but it never got to what I wanted it to be. Partially because I recently moved all the board games, kindergarten materials, and some other stuff into the toy room. I've been trying to make the family room more 'adult' focused so some stuff has been floating into the toy room. But I am still very proud of our toy room. I built four shelves specifically to fit the bins that store our toys, and we have three Target bookshelves filled with all kinds of wonderful books. And then there is my kids filing cabinet (not to be confused with the one in the family room filled with instruction manuals and credit card statements). The kids filing cabinet is filled with preschool activities and workbooks, and catalogs of child care curriculums, and some of my own curriculum that I've been putting together for the fall. I will finally have some preschoolers again to do activities with. Of course, even preschoolers hate to sit at the table and do worksheets and activities, so I have all kinds of ideas for games and books on topics like farm animals, family, manners, and more. It sounds great in theory, but I know from experience, when there are babies around it is hard to follow a curriculum. Much easier just to put in a CD and dance to kids music, pull random books off the shelf to read, and hand out coloring books for some creative fun.

Back to the toy room and the work I did last night. Colton, Calvin and Carrera were VERY excited about the new posters this morning. And one of the little girls I watch was pretty enamored with them too, so all the work was worth the effort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home