Thursday, March 26, 2009

Test of mindfulness.

Wow, this week has been... crazy.

First something happened to our laptop and our admin account locked up. Unfortunately I forgot the password and every website I found basically said You're screwed. You will have to use your recovery discs. I breathed. I reminded myself: Does it really matter? Does it really matter if we lose all our documents on this computer? Almost all of our pictures are saved on an external hard drive. So, we sat on it for a few days, not to rush. Today I played with the computer, ran it in safe mode (suggestion from my friend Jon), and fixed the problem. Boo-ya! Three cheers for Rachel the computer goddess!

Then yesterday Carrera leaned over and I saw that she had wet pants. Wet pants = pee. So I went to change her, smelled the pants. Ok, I'll pause here to say I ALWAYS smell the pants (really I like to smell everything, odd I know) for good reason. I WANT to know if it is pee or water or juice, 'cause spilled juice can cause more problems for me. Well, Carrera's pants were not wet from pee, as my nose told me. So I asked her how her butt got wet. She immediately said 'water' and that 'little friend did it. little friend did it.' Kids are ALWAYS blaming someone else. So, I went to the corner and squish, water rose between my toes. OH SHIT! OUR BASEMENT IS FLOODING! Called Shane at work. What the hell do I do?? He said wet vac it. So here I am. Six kids (age 3 and under), soon to be eight kids when the school bus comes. Trying to move EVERYTHING out of the toy room and then wet vac water out of our floor. And guess what my reaction was? Breath. This is not the worst thing that can happen. Breath. I can do this. Breath. This is actually a little bit funny (don't tell Shane that I wrote that). So, luckily little kid (that got blamed for the water by Carrera), well, little kid's dad installed that carpet and not only is he loaning me this kick ass carpet fan to air it out, but he'll be over on Monday to make it a carpet heaven in our toy room. Boo-ya again!

So, not only did I NOT stress about anything this week, but everything worked out. Duh, it always does! So three cheers for mindfulness. What really matters? I have my kids, Shane and food and shelter (even if it is a little wet right now). I couldn't ask for more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home