Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Ode to Parents that make my job easier.

After my last post I laid in bed thinking about how I didn't mention the WONDERFUL daycare parents that I have now. But here is a list of some things that parents do (or have done) to make my life easier or just plain more enjoyable:

Parents that show they appreciate me. Parents that always pay me on time, even sometimes a week in advance. Parents that will write me a new check when I lost the one they gave me (oops). Parents that say 'thank you'. Parents that keep their kids home when they are sick. Parents that bring treats on Halloween, and Valentine's day (kid's birthday, etc.). Parents that give me wonderful well thought Christmas presents (Valentine's presents, etc.). Parents that bring me 'May day' coffee. Parents that give me Caribou gift cards when they feel bad about picking their kid up a half hour late. Parents that spend quality time with their kids in the evening and on weekends (Children that know they are loved are happier!) And of course parents who remember to dress their kids appropriately for the weather, and bring lots of extra clothes & diapers.

The list could go on and on. And it really requires some give and take. I've agreed to hold checks for a week, and do sometimes use extra clothes, shoes and diapers that I have on hand. But I don't have to do it on a regular basis, and that makes me happy. Plus, when I do go out of my way for any of my daycare parents, they always recognize it. A simple 'thank you' goes a long way!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home