Monday, March 16, 2009

Crumbs.

Someday I want to write a book. I've thought about jotting down some of my experiences doing child care. I already could write a book on all the crazy thing that have happened. Kids can be funny and challenging. I've watched kids that I couldn't handle and had to quit watching. That is really hard for me to admit. I am a little bit of a control freak and don't handle children with attention disorders (if I may call it that). I have a harder time with kids that aren't quick learners too. Right now I am trying to get a child to eat over the plate at meal time. I don't think the child gets the concept. Hence the crumbs stuck to my feet. (I keep the littler kids on the far side of the table because they aren't expected to even keep all their food on the table.) But enough about that.
Then there are stories about parents. Parents lying to me. Never lie to child care provider. We aren't stupid. We know that if your child pees on our floor six times a day she must be peeing on the floor at home. (And it helps when her big sister tells us that she pees on the floor at home too). We know if you can afford to get a new tattoo or a new cell phone or a new car that you really DO have enough money to pay us. And if you don't, then we worry about your priorities. Yes, I've had a mom get a new tattoo and not have money to pay me the next week. I've also had a mom get a new cell phone and then tell me I charge too much. I sucked it up, said I could print off the average rates in our area for her. She said "Don't worry about it." I don't watch those kids anymore.
I loved those kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home