Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Dinner Date.

I'm not a writer. I love to write, but I am not a "writer". I can fill a journal in under 6 months, but there is a reason no one reads that but me. Of course I attempt to have an irregular blog because I WISH I was a writer.

Shane, I and the kids were invited to a friends' for dinner this evening. Shane and I have never really had mutual friends, especially not mutual friends that were a couple, and especially not a couple with kids! Needless to say, I have been ecstatic for weeks. Our new friends are a married couple with three kids. Their oldest son is in Colton & Calvin's class this year at school. They also have a four year old boy, and a daughter that is one month younger than Carrera. Our kids all get along very well, and we also have a lot of similar interests to them. And best of all, Shane and I BOTH had fun tonight! I am flying high!! (And no, Shane, it isn't just the wine getting to my head.)

Carrera has been on this non-schedule schedule. I am not liking this stage. For example: bed time is 7:30 pm. I know, the time just changed (daylight savings) and I can be flexible, but midnight is a little late to be up at night, and 3 am is a little early to be up in the morning. I need her to get back on a schedule!

It is Spring break, and I should be happy that Colton and Calvin are home from school for the week. Unfortunately I've been sick since Sunday (suffered through daycare Monday, cancelled Tuesday) and I'm not feeling back to normal yet. I hate how I can't bounce back as fast as I'd like too. I hate being sick.

Shane did ALL the laundry today. He also watched daycare for an hour so I could nap. And helped with lunch. And snow-blowed the driveway at 6 am so that daycare parents could get into the house. I'm sure that there is much more that he did that I am not mentioning. He always spends his days off helping me out with daycare and housework. I married a REAL man, and he is AMAZING!!

So now that I PROVED that I really can't write, I'm going to go cuddle with my real man, and wait for Carrera to get tired enough to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home