Sunday, August 24, 2008

Last Vacation

Today is the LAST day of our LAST week of vacation. I am a little sad. We had a really great time as a family. We started out the week getting things done so that the kids are all ready for school. They had their physicals and hair cuts and bought new tennis shoes. Later in the week they got their pictures taken. Tuesday we drove up to Duluth and stayed in a hotel with a pool. It was so much fun swimming with the kids!! We also went to the Depot train museum and children's museum, and walked down Canal street, shopped, walked down the pier and watched some huge ships coming into the harbor. Shane and the boys have been playing with LEGOs for the last two days. Friday I went and saw Johnny Holm in New Munich and met up with some friends there. Then yesterday my little brother was in Minnesota so I met him for coffee in Monticello. Last night Shane and I went out on a date and bought Colton and Calvin's birthday presents.

Carrera's birthday party is tonight. She turns two tomorrow. Colton and Calvin have two weeks to wait until their birthday party. Calvin bought Colton a $13.00 toy for his birthday. He paid for it himself. He is such a sweet kid. I think I am going to bring Colton and Calvin to the dollar store today during nap time to get Carrera something little.

School starts in about a week. It is going to be very different around here. I will have five kids here that are all under the age of three. And in January I will be adding another baby to the mix. Child Care keeps me busy. Barnes & Noble changed their hours, so Shane will be working a little different hours. They close earlier, so he is very happy!

I'm going to go brew a pot-o-coffee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home