Thursday, March 26, 2009

Choose.

Sometimes I wonder why my daycare parents chose me as a provider. I'd like to think that it is because I am younger, laid back, and... well, there must be some reasons.

I've had only one couple not want me to watch their kid. I'm fairly certain that they were discussing the mom staying home. The dad said they had done a LOT of interviews and mom didn't like ANY of them. She barely let me SEE her baby when she brought it in for the interview, and I definitely wasn't allowed to hold it. Somehow it has always worked out that I have people to fill the opening that I need filled and when I've had to let kids go, someone else is right there waiting.

I don't take this good luck for granted. I am taking care of someone else's child; their world, their life. Someone once told me to think of my child as a million dollars, and to never leave my child where I wouldn't leave a million dollars. So, at the store, would I leave a million dollars in my cart and walk around the corner? Would I leave a million dollars sitting on my car seat and go into a store? Would I leave a million dollars with this daycare provider and trust that it will be here when I get back? I know, really silly cause we all know that our children are WAY more valuable than a million dollars. But it stuck with me. Maybe I'm just not trusting, but I wouldn't trust most people with a million dollars, and even when I leave my kids with a close friend I have some anxiety.

With all that said. Why me? Why am I so trustworthy? I know myself and I'd do ANYTHING for the kids that I watch in my daycare. But I'm still not certain how their parents know that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home