Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Forever 29.

I will be 29 in a little over a month. 29, that age we then stay at forever. I found that in my 20's I was, like most people in their 20's, searching, learning, growing, changing, challenging beliefs, developing my own sense of self, of values. And now, as I am approaching 30, I feel myself solidifying. My greatest fear, other than death, has always been to grow rigid, unable to bend my beliefs. I consider myself to be open minded and youthful, both traits that I value very highly. So solidifying should be hard to make peace with. But it isn't. I really feel okay about it. I feel like I am entering another natural stage of life. I do quite a bit of reading on the developmental stages that children go through. Not only do I find it interesting, but it pertains to my work with children. I am convinced that we continue to go through stages most likely until we die. Somehow that is reassuring. I feel that my challenge now is to find a balance between this solidifying which feels so right, and not becoming closed off to new ideas, thoughts, perspectives. I hope to always be able to change my mind; it may just be a little bit harder now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home