Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My Carrera.

I don't remember very much from when I was two. I was very shy, and I remember being sneaky. I'm sure that my sneakiness made me quite a handful for my mom. My little Carrera is quite a handful for me. Right now she is sitting on my lap drinking water, or actually she is kinda holding it in her mouth and I'm waiting for her to accidentally spit it out all over the computer. On Saturday I cleaned out the garage (in addition to all the work we did in the backyard), and in the process I put together Carrera's big-girl bed in her bedroom. One of my bestest friends gave Carrera her old twin bed frame, but we haven't purchased a mattress yet. So Saturday I put an old comforter on the bed frame to keep the kids from scratching themselves on the springs. Then we placed her toddler mattress on top. Carrera laid on the bed and it dwarfed her. She is still so small. I tried to imagine her 6 years old like Colton and Calvin. I laid down in the bed and imagined myself as a six year old in this room. I think we are going to have to find some other place in the house to put the three pack 'n plays that are now blocking her dresser. Will I still be doing daycare when she is six? Will she still like the hot pink flowers on her wall? Will she let me put her hair in pigtails? Or will they be uncool when she is in first grade? I guess we will find out when we get there. Right now we are having fun just being two, and driving mama crazy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home