Saturday, April 07, 2007

April Update

Wow, so much has happened in the last few weeks.

First, I decided to change my daycare hours. I am currently working 5:30 a.m. until 6:30 p.m. and it is starting to burn me out. So I am trying to be done by 3:30 p.m. This only affects one child in my care, so I'll have one opening starting on April 23rd. Another child switched temporarily to part time, so I am a little concerned about filling my extra opening for budget reasons. This should be a great change though, especially with summer approaching. It also will allow me to start taking night classes at SCSU in the fall.

My second big news is sad. We found out a couple of weeks ago that my dad has stage two cancer (lymphoma). They first found it in his testicle and then in two of his lymph nodes. He started chemo last Wednesday and will be having six treatments. My parents' 40th wedding anniversary is coming up in June. We hope that he is feeling good enough for us to throw them a party.

All else is going well. My sister, Deb, is in town for a week before she heads to Pennsylvania to start a new chapter in her life (she has been living in CA for the last couple of years). I am excited to spend some time with her. My sister, Mary, will be having a baby any day now. So, there are lots of changes for all of us.

I hope you all had a good Easter and celebrated the return of Spring with those you love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home