Saturday, February 24, 2007

Some sick test.

Another Saturday night. Shane has to close at B&N and I am home alone. Carrera fell asleep at 6:00 p.m. and is still sleeping. I hope this doesn't mean that she will wake up at 2:00 a.m. I am not doing anything that I planned on doing tonight. I had planned on catching up on some filing, finishing my taxes, planning my daycare meals for next week, and putting away a pile of shit in my office. It is amazing how fast stuff can pile up. I just shove things in piles during the week when I am too busy to deal with them. Most of it ends up here because, well... out of sight out of mind. It shouldn't take too long to get it all picked up. I can't wait until spring to clean out our garage. That is another out of sight place.

I got to go out for coffee this morning. My usual perch was taken so I sat in another location. It was good for me. I have a bad habit of always sitting in the same spot. Perhaps I needed a new perspective today. Where I was sitting I could easily overhear a group of three guys chatting together over coffee. They had their bibles out and were discussing a variety of topics. This is not an uncommon sight on a Saturday morning. I had a revelation of sorts. Only a group of Christian guys sitting over coffee with bibles in hand can talk about how atheism causes "lesbianism" and "beastiality" in a public place where any old Joe (or child) can hear their discussion. (Note that they didn't say it caused "homosexuality.") Would listening to a conversation like that cause you to want to be a Christian? Unfortunately I heard them also refer to their pastor as Pat, which is the name of the pastor at the church I recently quit attending. What is this religious preoccupation with sex all about? Is that all that religious texts say? (I've read the bible front to back and I am being facetious.) I really hope that there is more to life than sex and our sexual choices. And if there is a god (or gods) I should think that he/she/it would be a little less sex obsessed. Have you ever thought about why sex is so great? I mean, if god wanted us to have sex only to procreate then why would god make it so fun? Wouldn't god want us not to sin and make sex an act of obedience, like praying or fasting? The only logically explanation is that god made sex fun to tempt us. But the bible (I'm not sure what other religious texts say) tells us that god does not tempt us (James 1:13) only tests us. So is our sex drive some sick test? Just food for thought.

It has been snowing all day. I LOVE fresh snow! I also love Saturdays! And I definitely love to get things done, so see you later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home