Monday, February 19, 2007

Lights

The weekend was great. Shane and I power cleaned Saturday morning. Shane's mom watched the kids for a couple of hours in the afternoon and he and I went shopping together. Shane wants to put new light fixtures on the front of our house. The ones we have are cheap and falling apart. We checked out some fixtures at Home Depot and I made fun of Shane because he wants huge ones. The more I think about it the more I think that they might look kind of cool actually. We also stopped by Hennen Furniture and the chair-and-a-half that matches our new couch is on clearance. We are trying to decide if we should get it with some of our tax return. Our current chair has gone downhill with the boys jumping on it and eating on it. Also, one of my daycare kids peed all over it and I am afraid that it will start to smell again when it gets humid this summer. There are so many things we want to do in the house, but everything costs money. I want to extend the wood floor down the hallway this summer. Millie likes to pee in the hall and I think that may begin to smell too.

Sunday we went out to Foley to spend time with Shane's mom. She taught me how to make fudge and we made five pounds, yummy! Shane brought Colton and Calvin over to his sister's farm to see the animals. They helped her feed the goats and hens. I missed out because I fell asleep on the couch. This summer the boys want to spend lots of time on the farm. I hope that we can get out there as much as we did last summer. It is harder to get away now that I am doing daycare and not free to up and go places during the week.

Last night I finished doing our taxes. Then Shane and I hung out and we read. I am almost done with The God Delusion, and Shane is reading Barack Obama's book. He is really enjoying it. We decided to read it together, but I haven't even been able to start it. That book is next on my list to read though.

Back to work..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home