Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Reading & Contentment

"She said she usually cried at least once each day not because she was sad, but because the world was so beautiful & life was so short." - Bittersweet by Brian Andreas
I've been reading a lot this week. Which, a lot with kids is not really all that much.

I have been trying to enjoy NOW and not get upset that I am going to die. There are so many things that I want to do while I am alive. I want to travel to everywhere and read books on all subjects. I especially want to study science!

I am also trying not to plan too much for the future. I firmly believe that what we are doing right now is what we are supposed to be doing. DISCLAIMER: this is true as long as we are being moral and true to our self and spiritual/life leading. Really no matter how crazy our life looks we are on a journey and need to accept where we are at. We have the power to change some things, but not others. Right now I am daycare provider. That is not my life long goal, but as a parent of little children it works very well for now. I am really enjoying it! I want to do more crafts and preschool activities come fall. I am hoping that when my license capacity increases in October that I can find some preschoolers! The two babies will be toddlers in September and all the other kids will be preschool age. There is so much more I could do without having infants!

Today we went to the park and had a picnic. We got rained out, but it was still fun. My sister, Deborah, is in town for the week and we have been spending some time together. Sometimes I get envious of her life. She is single and has a fabulous job at a College in PA. She has the time and resources to do many of the things that I would love to do, like read. I love coming from a big family! My little brother, Joshua, is coming into town tonight with his girlfriend, Kiki. She is from Amsterdam and is visiting for a month (I think). They will only be in MN for a week though.

Tomorrow is Independence day. We usually go to Shane's dad's cabin for a party, but we may skip the party because my sister and brother are here. I love being busy, and hate it at the same time. I hope you all enjoy your Fourth of July!

1 Comments:

Blogger ~Alicia said...

I like that quote :)

~A

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home