Wednesday, May 27, 2009

May 2009 Update.

  • Checked to see if Carrera is ready to potty train again over Memorial Day weekend. Nope. So, we're still in diapers. Not a big deal.
  • Carrera is a TALKER. Talks ALL the time! She is not afraid of anything except maybe bugs. She is such a confident zealous little person. I have no worries about her, except maybe that she'll get labeled as a bitch.
  • Carrera loves Polly Pockets!!
  • Colton & Calvin are going to be in summer school. All the Chinese Immersion students qualify for summer school. It will be Tues/Wed/Thur for three hours in the mornings. Only two weeks in June, two in July and one in August. They will be bused. It will be a nice break for them to get away from the little daycare kids and be with kids their own age. It probably will be half in Chinese and half in English. I think the administration hopes that if they get some English in the summer it will help their test scores. And the Chinese teachers don't want them to get behind in their Chinese in the summer, which does happen because they don't hear it at home.
  • Colton & Calvin are really INTO Pokemon right now. We made our own Pokemon cards yesterday and laminated them. It was a fun little project.
  • We have three weeks of vacation this summer. I had Memorial Day off and it was just a taste of what vacation will be. I am READY for a break! Every year it feels this way. My MIND wants a break from daycare.
  • The class I'm taking right now is Mon/Wed/Fri 5-8:45 p.m. (Memorial Day off) for three weeks. One week done!! Two weeks to go. Then I am taking an Internet class June-August. (total of 5 credits this summer)
  • In the Fall I'm taking three classes (7 credits). One Internet, one Monday evenings, and one Fridays during the day (if Shane can work it out with work to be home).
  • My allergies have been really bad. Finally caved and picked up Zyrtec, but I think it has been making me depressed, so I stopped it yesterday. Trying to find that balance.
  • Shane is... wonderful! He needs a break from work too. He has been VERY supportive of me going back to college. I know that he doesn't want me to do daycare for very long after Carrera starts school (in two years). I'm fairly sure I'll be doing it for at least four more years though. It does put a lot of wear and tear on our house and is a high stress job.
  • Shane has been riding the motorcycle for awhile now, but I haven't gotten out yet. My plan was to take it to school, but I've been lazy and haven't taken it out for a practice drive yet. I get a little nervous on my first ride of the season.

That's about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home