Friday, December 08, 2006

Attention

Well, today was a little better than yesterday. I was very patient and played with all the kids. Calvin was a very good kid today and that's always reassuring. Sometimes with little kids that are always being naughty we, as parents, blame ourselves. Really it is just kids being kids. Colton and I cuddled for awhile on the couch after lunch today. He really needs attention, but doesn't make it happen the way that Calvin can. I was glad when the work day ended. I really look forward to the weekends when I can relax and focus on Shane and my own kids.

Tonight I went to a Daisy Blue party. For any of you who don't know what Daisy Blue is, Daisy Blue Naturals sells all natural body products (i.e. lotion, shampoo, soap, etc.) and some home cleaning products (i.e. laundry soap). I am really excited to try out the products. My sister Mary has been using them for awhile. I've been thinking about possibly selling the products. I wouldn't do parties though. I LOVE Mary Kay products, but I don't always feel like I am helping people when I sell them. Daisy Blue makes products that are really good for the body, and not harmful. They would be beneficial to anyone. Check it out: www.daisybluenaturals.com. I love doing daycare because I feel like I am doing a job that is needed and I am making a difference in kids lives. I've learned that I don't feel motivated unless I feel like I am doing something that is worthwhile in the long run. That is one of the reasons I wanted to stay home with my kids. I want to be here with them in the most crucial stages of their development and enjoy them as they learn and grow. I love being a mother!

I am excited for Christmas. I have most of my shopping done. I still haven't gotten anything for Shane. He is hard to buy for. My family doesn't exchange presents at Christmas time. Last year and this year we had a "talent" show. We all have to share something. It can be a presentation of music, poetry, etc. or it can be something that we make. This year I am going to sew a decorative pillow. My only problem is that I don't have a sewing machine "sew" I have to go over to my mom's to make it. I also still need to go buy the fabric. I do have an idea in my head of what I am going to do. When it is finished I will post pictures :). Last year I wrote a poem and read it for my talent. Colton and Calvin need to present something too. I am not sure what they are going to do. Maybe this year they can sing a song. Last year Calvin drew a picture and Colton demonstrated Star Wars moves with his light saber. He was a little shy so the moves weren't as good as he usually does. This year he is really into Power Rangers and he does "Boo-ya" moves all the time. He calls it "playing boo-ya." At first I didn't know what he was talking about. He explained by thrusting the heel of his hand out at me and screaming "boo-YA!" It was quite humorous. I don't let them play boo-ya very often because someone always gets hurt. Shane did a drum solo last year. My mom really enjoyed it and told him that he should do one again this year. I told him that he could probably do the exact same one and no one would notice :). I really enjoy his drum solos too! I wish that he would play his drums more. I also wish that I had a sewing machine. I want a good one though, so I am going to wait until I have the money for a nice one. It is on my "Expensive Wish List" along with new tiles in the upstairs bath, cabinets in the downstairs bath, a lap top and a Kirby vacuum cleaner. The list is a little longer, but I don't remember all that is on it (it must not be all that important to me if I can't remember it all). What do you want for Christmas?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home