Thursday, May 28, 2009

Poodle News.


Yesterday one of the daycare kids opened the front door for our Standard Poodle Jes, and off she went bounding around the neighborhood. Our kids got to hear cussing neighbors. I'm not sure why THEY were cussing, when WE were the ones trying to catch the dog. It wasn't like she was hurting anything or anyone. I had to leave for class and Shane was watching the last remaining daycare kid, so I guess he just waited and she came back about an hour later. This was the last straw for Shane. We had no problems with Jes running last summer, but this summer she keeps sneaking out the garage or front door and causing 'grief' in the neighborhood. She also has turned into quite the barker. I ended up getting a bark collar for her and trying to train her. I think that she is too smart for bark collars. She knows not to bark when it is on, but starts up again immediately after it is taken off. The purpose of a bark collar is to train them not to bark so that they don't bark even when the collar is off.

Jes is the PERFECT pet! She is great with kids, very cuddly. She doesn't smell. She is smart. She doesn't pee in the house. She has only chewed up a few of the kids toys, but all puppies do a little of that. She is going to be three at the end of September. She just has so much energy. We were forewarned. We got her from a friend that lives out in the country. Jes loved it there! She could run to her hearts content. But their other dog had it in for Jes and so they couldn't keep both dogs and Jes had to go. I thought that our yard would be big enough for her. We actually have a VERY large yard for living in town. But Jes runs laps back and forth, and wants to be free.

So Shane decided that it is time for Jes to have a new home. I have been crying since yesterday. I LOVE Jes! She is exactly what I want in a dog. I wish I had the time to run with her and play with her more. I wish I had the time to train her.

We don't know where she is going to yet. Shane mentioned bringing her to the Humane Society if we can't find someone who wants her. I don't think I could bear that. It would be okay to give her to someone that we know, or some that we know knows, but to never ever see her again. I don't think I could take that. So here I am crying again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home