Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Hello Protege!

Friday we said "good-bye" to our 07 Mazda 6. It was a lease, and boy am I excited not to have that payment anymore! Six months ago we purchased a 96 Mazda Protege from my best friend*. What a blessing! We knew that we could not afford a car payment, and I really didn't want to be stuck at home with eight kids and nothing to drive in an emergency. We made some improvements right away. They included: new starter, new brakes, new tires/wheels, new wipers, removal of a key broken off in the trunk, fixing lights that were replaced wrong, and some other wiring or something (it is hard for me to remember what that was for - it was six months ago). Recently we replaced the windshield and Shane just replaced the stereo (with an inexpensive one) because it wouldn't play CDs and he is the one that will be driving it most. And I LOVE it! I am glad that we've had it checked over and everything that was important for reliability & safety we fixed (a few things we said "no" to at this time). It finally feels like our car to me. And I feel so blessed to have it!

*My best friend hasn't been around much since we purchased the car (hiatus?), but I still love her, and until I hear differently she still is my bestest friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home