Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Updates.

Kid/Family Updates:

  • Colton and Calvin are beginning to read and I actually keep tearing up every time I think about it. I am SO excited. Shane said last night, "Colton will be so much happier when he can go disappear into his room and read." It won't be long now - he is really catching on! Calvin requires a little more patience from us.
  • Carrera had Hand, Foot & Mouth Disease (doesn't that just sound awful!) this past weekend. Colton, Calvin and I had it about five years ago (if I remember right). We are fairly certain all but one of the kids here in daycare had it last week or over the weekend. Not fun, but not too serious.
  • We are going to Duluth for two days over our next vacation and are bringing along my niece, Maris. I am SO excited to get away and spend some great time with the kids and my niece, who is like a little sister to me (and good friend).

School Update:

  • I worked on my paper Applying Secondary Attachment to Family Home Daycare until late into the early morning last Thurs/Fri. It feels so good to write a paper!
  • I've interviewed all but one of my siblings for my birth order paper, which is all I have left to turn in for that class.
  • I'm almost done with the bulk of the homework for both of my classes. They both end the second week in August, but I just keep working ahead. I still have class online discussions until the first week in August for one class.
  • Shane's boss approved for him to have Friday mornings off Fall Semester so I can take one of the required classes for my major that is only offered during the day. This 1 credit class is also a pre-requisite for a bulk of the rest of my classes I need to take so I wanted to get it done a.s.a.p.
  • I am registered for three classes in the fall (7 credits), and if all goes well I might take 9 credits spring semester.
  • I'm fairly certain I will be majoring in Community Psychology with a Child & Family Studies minor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home