Thursday, July 02, 2009

More than meets the eye.

Shane brought Colton and Calvin to the comic book store this morning, and they came home with Transformer toys. All afternoon Calvin has been crying about how he can't transform his because it is too hard. I attempted to help once but now I am refusing. Shane forewarned him that his toy was a hard one (I guess they have a rating system for difficulty), and told him before he bought it that we were not going to help. I held him for about a half hour while he cried. Then we talked about disappointment, regret, not being able to go back in time, and how everything will be better in a few days and he will not be miserable forever. Days like this may be hard for him, but they are hard for me too. I don't like to see him disappointed, but I hope that I am allowing it to be a good learning experience for him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home