Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Ups and downs.

Shane and I are pretty normal (in some ways). We have our ups and downs just like every couple. Some of ours downs may have been extreme, but sometimes I wonder how well we know what is going on in other people's lives or relationships. Little hints here and there from casual friends and acquaintances make me wonder if everyone doesn't really have the same problems that Shane and I have. We are redefining "us." I don't think we have ever really been on the same page with what we expect "us" to be. We both grew up without very good examples from our parents of what healthy marriage looks like. It does frustrate me that culturally we have to give off an appearance of always having it all together. At least that is how I perceive it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home