Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Hope.

I am starting to wake up and feel inspired to write again. I am sitting here, surrounded by the days mess. Toys scattered across the floor; markers haphazardly thrown on the table; flour, sugar and egg smeared on the counter. Signs of life. We live here. Tonight was gym night with my bestest friend. After the kids and I got home I mixed up a batch of cookies with Calvin. I think I gained five pounds off of cookie dough. I love the little things. I love mixing up cookies with Calvin. I love hearing Colton's stories that only he understands completely. I love watching Carrera dancing through the kitchen (right before she wipes out. So funny, but not allowed to laugh). I miss "family" some days. I miss that my kids aren't going to have mom and dad in the same house anymore. But we are still a family. We still love each other. We still have each others backs. We are going to bake up some of the cookies tomorrow for the kids to bring for dad. Dad loves Mama's cookies. Our lives are changing, but we are still on this planet together. And I have hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home