Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wednesday Night.

I really wanted to go sing karaoke tonight. I mean REALLY wanted to. I find myself at home, singing to Pandora. And it doesn't quite hit the spot, but I do love the freedom that I have in my empty house. Just me and my demons... and Millie, the cocker spaniel... who is losing her hearing.

I want love. I am singing Bryan Adams "(Everything I Do) I Do It For You." I know that Hollywood love isn't real. I have felt sparks from a kiss, but it wasn't from someone that is a good fit for me.

Now its Sugarland "Sex on Fire (Live)." Music stirs everything in me. Music, people, realness.

I went to a church get-together tonight and met some good people. Some I didn't connect with, although I was friendly. Others I connected with well. It felt exhilarating to be with people. I LOVE people. That is my passion. Connection! Connecting with every human that I encounter on my journey on this Earth.

I can't wait until my home is really an open door where people feel they can come in and grab food out of the fridge, and dirty a glass for water. I want to fill my house with people coming and going and communing with one another. I crave it. I crave music and people.

This aloneness... I can appreciate it. I really can. But not forever. Love is more than just an exclusive one person thing. It is community.

Journey "Don't Stop Believin'"...music is love. At the end of the day I have such a hard time turning it off to sleep.

Darius Rucker "Come Back Song"...uh! I LLLLUUUUUVVVV his voice! Its yummy.

I don't need romance. I need music. And community. Now... I'm off to dance. Goodnight Wednesday...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home